Thursday, October 16, 2008

Disoriented much?

I spent most of this morning confused about what day of the week it is, and I still do not have it down. I think the problem is that my Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday schedules are very regular and easy while Thursday's and Friday's are unique with more classes, less free time, and more chaos. When I was in the shower this morning, when I was getting dressed, I kept simultaneously running a to-do list for this morning through my head and thinking I did not have time to do anything on the list because I have a 9:30 class. I do not have a 9:30 class, that is tomorrow. Then, I would think about going to lunch at 11:30 and maybe asking a friend to eat with me, only to remember 5 minutes later that I have class at 11:30, because its Thursday, not Wednesday. I also kept obsessing over whether or not I would have time to go to the gym with a friend after my noon class. I do not have a noon class (its 11:30, as I said), and we are going to the gym tomorrow, not today. Today is just confusing.

On an unrelated note, if you are a loyal reader you noticed long ago that I am not the best person at correcting typos, and I have a strange tendency to make phonetic errors in spelling. Sometimes I go back and correct these things, other times it just doesn't seem worth it, since most people have read it anyways by the time I realize there is a problem. Hope that doesn't make anyone think less of me!

4 comments:

Simi said...

IT's A BLOG PLEASE for the love of god (hehe) you SHOULD have Typos!
I mean shit you at least type in coherrent thoughts, sometimes I don't even do that, and sometimes when i read your blog i feel DUMB because it's so well written! :)

Simi said...

oh yeah, the other thing, i feel disoriented all the time as well due to my work being all over the place.. so i know what you mean

worst was about two weeks ago i accidentaly drove to the wrong building for work, only to arrive and realize upon arrivel CRAP i'm at the wrong spot! EEK!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I should bother posting on my own site anymore (ha, not like I've actually said anything interesing in about 4 months...) because you seem to post on my EXACT thoughts. I was SO confused this morning on my bikeride to school. For some reason (still unknown to the world), there was ultimate frisbee practice occuring on the sports fields at 6:30 am: full night lights ablaze. I was actually scared for a bit that I'd slept through the entire day, woken in the PM instead of AM, and that it MUST be night. I checked my watch about 3 times before deciding that it's not late enough in the year for it to be this dark at 6:30pm...

Anonymous said...

Try singing in the shower instead; it helps.

Bad news. Neither gets better with age (spelling nor orientation).

Good news. Life is good without them.