Monday, October 6, 2008

Let Me Vent

(1) I am so sick of being told I have nothing to worry about when it comes to the exams, especially when it is said like "If anyone has nothing to worry about, its you". It drives me nuts, and no one seems to understand why. It adds pressure. Its like it means that if I do fail its my own fault, or that if I do fail I have let down everyone else, or if I do fail, I am the biggest disapointment in the department. It does not reassure me, because they do not know what I wrote on that test.

(2) If there is someone who has been very helpful to you and decided to cat sit for you, and you know this person is busy and stressed, and you say you are going to be at her house at 8pm to pick up the cats, actually show up at 8! Don't call her at 8pm and tell her you will be an hour. She probably has other things to do, things she was putting off until you came, like showering, doing laundry, and starting her homework, because she figured it was easier wait since it was already almost 8pm anyways. Don't tell her the reason you are going to be late is because you are going to go run another errand first that does not need to be scheduled and you could do some other time. At least come up with a good excuse, not just you being inconsiderate.

5 comments:

Simi said...

1) I feel ya, sometimes you just have to stress over something cuz it really is a big deal; this coming from the girl who had a knot in her stomach all weekend and doesn't even know why!

2) that is freaking RUDE! I hate rudeness...

3) all i got is a HUG! So take it! hehe

Wandering Explorer said...

1) Oh, so with you! Bar results are posted tomorrow, and everyone keeps saying I did fine, and there's nothing to worry about.

THAT JUST MAKES THE THREAT OF FAILURE WORSE!

2) I ... I can't comment.

Brooke said...

1) People say that to me all the time too. I think they mean it in a reassuring way, but to me it's not. Mainly for the same reasons you mentioned. Sometimes I feel like that's why I put off as much as I do until the last minute - it won't be perfect and because of that I will fail. Ah life, it sucks doesn't it?

Sarah Dee said...

When I took my OT boards I had an excuse (long story) where it would have totally been the fault of someone else. It took a lot of my stress away and I did much better.
Study hard, and do your best, its all we can do.

Sarah Dee said...

Ah shoot, I used another cliche that doesn't really help, and makes it worse for me...

I take that last sentence back and instead give you a {{{HUG}}}} and wish you good luck.