Friday, October 24, 2008

What? I have a Home Office?

So, in May DH and I moved into a new house, a four bedroom two story. We were thrilled to have the additional space, having previously lived in a one bedroom and then two bedroom apartment. The thing I was most excited about was having my own office! We painted it my color of choice (bamboo green), set me up a desk and filing system, and some bookshelves. I filled it with my things, organized the desk, and proceeded to not use it.

Ok. I have used it off and on, but no where as near as much as I expected. I like my TV and my social time to much. However, I am sitting in it right now. It is the first time I have used it for work since I took written generals in it back in September. The wall calender is set to July. I spent the first 20 minutes of tonight cleaning up the desk from generals. Crazy!

I want to get into the habit of using it relatively regularly to work on PhD stuff. I have plenty of work to get done! Stick a Harry Potter DVD into the laptop (my study background noise of choice), sit down, spread out, and get to work. Kind of nice.

1 comment:

Kim and Dave said...

I had a "library" in my last house. It was a tiny room at the top of the steps that wasn't big enough to be a bedroom. I put a big comfy chair in there with all of my bookshelves. I used it maybe four times. I know what you mean.