Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dreams of Destruction

I come from a long line of vivid dreamers. Ok, actually I have no idea if that is true. I do know that my Mom has crazy psycho weird vivid dreams all the time, and so do I, and both of my sisters. DH has accepted this and my dreams no longer shock or surprise him, even when I really wish they would.

So, really the question on any given morning isn't if I had any strange dreams, its if I remember any of them. This morning my alarm went off in the middle of a dream and I really do not remember what it was about, but I know it was a very realistic one. As the morning has progressed I have had several "flashback" moments that have lead me to the conclusion I spent the night dreaming about destruction. I know I dreamed that there were stains on the bottom of my wedding dress (there are not, I looked at it last night, its sparkling clean thanks to MIL!). I also know I dreamt that the cats shredded a paper lantern sitting on the top shelf of my office. I know this, because I was sitting here in my office working, looking around, and caught it out of the corner of my eye and fully expected it to be shredded. I knew exactly how it would look shredded, yet when I actually focused on it, its perfectly fine, and the shredding is from a dream. (Yes, that is an example of how vivid my dreams are, in my dream the Lantern was in the exact same spot and the exact same position as it is in real life, only it was shredded). Sometimes I have difficulty differentiating between something I remember from a dream and something I remember from real life.

So why these dreams of destruction? I am thinking it has to do with the fact that my bedroom has a pet-scent issue at the moment. If I am smelling gross pet smell all night, it probably leads me to dream about various pet destruction, eh? Or its possibe its just the proximity of the pets. Grim was on my right, Gandalf on my left, and when I woke up, Nox was sleeping on the back of my legs. I couldn't move an inch! I love it that way though!

I will be taking care of that smell today. Sheets are already in the washer, quilt is being aired out and then will get febreezed, carpet is getting another thorough spot-cleaning with Nature's Miracle, and vacuuming... that should cover it. I think the real problem is lack of air circulation. We have not turned the heat on yet, but windows are all sealed, so no air comes in and out of the bedroom once we shut the door at night. Perhaps the pets all need baths as well. I am sure they will love that!!

No comments: