Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the Grind Stone

I don't think coming back to "work" is supposed to feel like this. It didn't for DH. He did not mind coming back from break and heading off to work Monday morning a week ago. He was almost cheerful about it, except the getting up early thing.

Me, on the other hand, not so much appreciating being back at work. I was dreading it... or more accurately, avoiding thinking about it because I would dread it if I did and I wanted to enjoy my last few days of break. Normally I conceive of stress as being this thing that builds and builds as time goes on, that can be released by taking a week or two off and starting fresh, but that's not how stress roles here. Here stress is a giant ball of nastiness that hangs out in my office and as soon as I am there trying to get work done, interacting with who I need to interact with, thinking about what I should be thinking about, it jumps right back on me, as heavy if not heavier than before break.

Boy, I sure am writing a cheerful post today.

No comments: