Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rock Band Release

Last night we played some SERIOUS Rock Band. I was in the mood to just scream out lyrics, so we did songs like:

Indestructible - Disturbed
Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Chop Suey - System of a Down
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria

With DH and Ben on Guitar and me singing. It was loads of fun. Then, we switched it up and I played guitar while Ben sang. I have never been a big fan of the guitar playing, because I always felt like I was hitting notes when it said I was missing them. I found it very aggravating. But Ben bought a Guitar Hero guitar for me to use, and it has a different feel. It is easier for smaller hands/shorter arms, and the feel when you strum it is more defined (it clicks when you hit where "counts".) So, now I am learning guitar more. I am still pretty bad, and I don't plan to spend tons of time practicing, but at least now when I do play its fun.

I am hoping to go see Twilight the movie later today. I am still addicted, even though I have read all four books and pretty much all the available extra materials (outtakes, short stories, etc).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you get to go see the movie. I'm hoping to start the book later today!

great songs for that kinda mood by the way! ;-)

-lk