Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreaming of Music, Living in Snow

This morning I woke up with a song that does not actually exist, as far as I know, stuck in my head.

The lyrics that were stuck in my head went "Bridge over water, you are my ecstasy, my ecstasy". Hey. I never said my subconscious was a GOOD Lyricist. There was also a melody to it, but I can't really put that on my blog. Does anyone know if these lyrics came from any where? I am pretty sure they didn't. This might be a first. While I definitely have dreamt about songs that don't actually exist before, this is the first time I woke up with one stuck in my head! What a strange way to start the day.

Meanwhile, it snowed overnight. Not that much, perhaps four inches, but enough to send the city into chaos. It took us 50 minutes to get to OSU today, that is a half hour longer than usual! Are you serious? Really? Four inches and (1) the city can't clear it and (2) people can't drive? PA-thetic. Complete pathetic. Luckily DH was driving so I could spend that extra half hour on a nap. Unluckily, I had an 8:45 class to get to (that I was teaching), so when he did drop me off I had to go straight to that instead of having time to print out my lecture and gather myself. Oh well, the lecture went fine, and now I am back at my office trying to get some work done. Obviously, since I am blogging, that is not going so well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you google the phrase, "Bridge over water, you are my ecstasy, my ecstasy", the only site that comes up is this one. My guess, you're the lyricist. No new snow for us, tooooo cold!