Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolutions for 2009

Its January 2nd, and while I am still fighting a cold, things are looking up. I have not put as much thought into my New Years resolutions this year as in past years, but I still have a few in mind. As usual, these are more of quarter resolutions for me. I try to reevalutate my goals for frequently than New Years, and the school system conviently breaks things into three month chunks for me.

Here are the actual resolutions:
(1) Menu Planning - Start using it! Stop eating out so much! Cook more!

(2) Work Out - I already work out, so this is more about continuing old habits when school starts, returning to the gym, and hopefully increasing either the frequency or length of the visits.

(3) Read more for Pleasure

(4) Stop Chewing my Nails

(5) Figure Out what I am Doing with my Life.

Thats about it. Now its in the execution. For menu planning, I plan to start this weekend and plan two weeks at a time, minimize grocery store visits and not eat out more than twice a week. Working out, well, as I said, I already work out! I want to either increase duration or frequency of my visits to the gym this quarter, and maybe start doing some crunches and free weights at home. Last year I read like 3 or 4 books truly for pleasure (not counting my new years binge). My new years binge reminded me how much I CAN read, and now enjoyable it can be. I hope I can read at least 1 book a month for complete pleasure (of my own choosing, not for school or book club). The last two are self evident.

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - at least you have goals to work for...

I always add - try to keep my weight constant or within range...When we moved I gained sooo much..and once gained it is soooo tough to lose.