Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I boo... EVERYTHING

To say that I am in a bad mood might be an understatement. It might be more accurate to say that sometime last night an invisible cloak of doom and gloom descended over me and I am wearing it around and flaunting it like it is going out of style. Sometimes bad moods are logical, you are in a bad mood because something bad happened or because you did not get enough sleep, or a number of other justifiable catalysts. Other times bad things happen and they don't affect your mood. And other times, times like right now, you are just in a bad mood and looking for a reason to justify it, even when nothing does. This is the kind of bad mood that makes everything in the world seem just a bit gloomier, and is really hard to lift, mainly because I had no urge to lift it. Perhaps if I seize onto some scrap of clear cut goodness, like the fact Columbus is trying to act like winter (there is pretty snow on the ground, more coming, and tomorrow is supposed to be cold, like single digit temperature with negative windchill), I could shake this mood. But, is it really worth the effort? Wallowing in self pity and miserableness is satisfying sometimes.

No. I am not depressed. Its just a mood, this too shall pass. Maybe this afternoon when I walk the dog in fresh falling snow. Perhaps tonight when DH smiles at me. Or perchance it will last longer and be lifted when I have a game night on Friday with friends (yet to be planned or scheduled, but it sounds good right now), or it could lift when my sister confirms her travel plans for next weekend. No telling.

For now the cloak is here and as tangible as ever. Stupid everything.

Insert Shameless Plug for Geography Blog here... maybe if enough people take it, it will cheer me up. LOL.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You've been tagged!