Monday, January 19, 2009

She's Got the Skills

After I fed my sister donuts on Sunday morning I put her to work, organizing my office closet. My office closet had become a disaster through the dumping of all my old stuff my parents brought me from their house into it. It was NOT PRETTY, even after a friend and I attempted to weed it all out.

My sister has a certain knack for cleaning and organization, and she doesn't seem to mind doing it. I would say she is near magic. Basically, when I say Laurelyn helps me clean something, what happens is I sit around, perhaps looking at pictures or sorting papers, while she rifles through the massive ammounts of stuff I have accumulated asking "what is this?" "do you need this?" "can I throw this away?", and putting it in the appropriate spot. I really wish I had gotten a before and after picture. The weirdest part about the whole process is I don't really feel like I threw anything out, yet there seems to be so much less stuff. Also, what would take me ten or twenty hours of work to do takes her two or three. Very Strange.

Now, if only she could have stayed longer and also done my desk, bookshelves, and then the rest of the house!

Unfortunately she had to go, though we went to my Grandma's on her way out of town. We spent the hour drive their listening to music and finding songs we wish they had on Rock Band. The top contestant? "Last Resort" by Papa Roach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you do my "skills' too much credit! thanks though! People look at me like i'm crazy when i tell them that i once cleaned your room for a birthday present and you loved it.

you'll be proud to know I tried to watch the inaugeration and can tell your grandkids I was standing in a slaughter plant break room straining to hear obama speak...

- L "The organizer" K