Saturday, January 10, 2009

Inappropriate Songs

Love is a many splendid thing...
All you need is love.

All you need is love

A girl has got to eat

All you need is love

Or she'll end up on the street!

All you need is love, love

Love is Just a game

I was made for loving you baby
You were made for loving me.

The only way of loving me baby,
Is to pay a lovely fee.

Just one night, just one night.

There's no way,
Cuz' you can't pay


In the name of love,
One night in the name of love

You crazy fool,
I won't give into you


Don't.... Leave me this way
I cannot survive
Without your sweet love
Don't leave me this way.

You think people would get sick of silly love songs

I look around and I see it isn't so, no.

Some people try to fill the world with silly love longs

Well what's wrong with that
I'd like to know
So here I go.... ye-es!!

Love lifts us up where we belong
Where eagles fly
On a mountain high

Love makes us act like we are fools
Throw our lives away for one happy day


We could be heroes,
Just for one day.

You, you would be mean

No I wouldnt!

And I, I'd drink all the time.

We could be lovers!!

We can't do that!

We should be lovers
And that's a fact!

Though nothing would keep us together

We could still turn,

Just for one day

We could be heroes, for ever and ever
We could be heroes, for ever and ever
We could be heroes...


Just because I, will always love you
Can't help lovin...


How wonderful life is, now that your in the world...


----------------------------

I got sucked into Moulin Rouge tonight, and as usual, couldn't help but sing along. And I couldn't help but type it up for you here. DH and I used to sing this song ALL THE TIME when we were in college. It was like, "our song". How inappropriate is that? Our song implies I am a hooker. Charming. This is why when it came time for our wedding we struggled so much to pick a song to dance to for our first dance. All of "our songs" were inappropriate. This was the main one. The other one that we considered our song was "Marilyn Monroe" from the musical Blood Brothers. Besides the lovely chorus, which I always used to hum when Aaron and I danced around my dorm room ("we went dancing...we went dancing"), the song tells the life story of a women who got romanced at a dance, ended up pregnant out of wedlock, then kept popping kids out, can't feed them and her husband doesn't take care of her/dance with her anymore. Charming, right?

We sure know how to pick them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL sorry i can't remember, but what song did you dance to?

hehe nice songs guys. has aaron heard beyonce's "if you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it" song yet? haha

-lk

Manday said...

I don't know what song we danced to... some generic country duet.


But, we did have "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge in the ceremony.