Saturday, January 17, 2009

I like to ROCK!

Last night we had a Rock Band party with sort of a new group. Not a new group of friends, but a group of friends who hadn't really be exposed to Rock Band much yet. It is always fun to see people's reactions. We had a lot of fun. I rapidly got a reputation for singing, as one friend put it, "death metal". That is not an accurate description, its not actually death metal. The songs I like to sing, like all of those listed in my last entry, are loud, fast, and have depressing lyrics. But, they are a huge stress release.

They have lyrics like
"You could have been all I wanted, but you weren't honest, so get in the ground"
"Open up your hate and let it flow into me"
"I'm an indestructible master of war"
" I cry when angels deserve to die"

Etcetera.

There are plenty of other goods songs, and I enjoy a lot of other songs, it all depends on my mood, and typically I am playing Rock Band on a Friday night after a long week. So, that explains my preferences. Hopefully I did not scare any friends away :)

2 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

My favorite lyrics to sing on Rock Band are "The Devil's water it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now. But you can dip your feet in, every once in a little while."

I wonder what that says about me. :)

rising esoteric said...

Andrew just bought rock band. It's crazy fun, if only I could learn to footpedal the drums appropriately...

"the voices in my head say I shouldn't kill you yet"