Saturday, February 7, 2009

Among the Living

I woke up this morning feeling almost human! Amazing! Yesterday I slept from 3-5, 7-8, 10-12, and 1-12... so that is 16 of 21 hours or so. Impressive. It was certainly aided by a little Nyquil. This morning, or afternoon I should say, I can breathe through my nose again (ok, only one nostril, but its still an improvement), and I don't feel like I need to just sleep all day, and I don't have that weird stomach ache thing that had to do with the mucus and the coughing. So, I am in good shape, despite still have a slight headache and a stuffy nose and a hacking cough.

Now that I am back among the living, I do indeed have things to accomplish. I have to write an essay this afternoon, its not going to be as high of quality as I had hoped because instead of spending all week on it I will be spending about three hours on it. Such is life.

In non-health or school related news, I am currently playing host to two cats whose owners went on a weekend trip. The brings the total up to five cats and one dog in the house. Welcome to chaos. They seriously are everywhere, at least everywhere upstairs. They all hiss at each other, even the ones who normally live together! They fight over the best perches, over who gets to be near us humans, over who gets to sit by the food. They find new hiding places. It is a good reminder as to why I think three cats is plenty.

No comments: