Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Treading Water

I did not intent to sleep in this morning. So when I finally opened my eyes around 9:30, I was quite surprised. I intended to get up at 8am, when DH left for work. I even had him leave the light on. I even turned Mike & Mike on shortly after he left. Then I promptly slept for another hour.

The main problem was that I had nothing in particular to get up for. Normally I know what I want to do with my morning when I plan to get up at a decent time. I think "I am going to get up, walk the dog, shower, then start working on X." But I did not have that this morning. With the midterm done with, for better or worse (most likely worse), and at a strange pausing point in other work, and giving my class a midterm on Thursday so no need to write a lecture, I found myself not knowing exactly what I planned to do today, and in all honesty that is still the case.

I ended up rolling out of bed at 9:30, finishing watching Mike & Mike. (Surprise Surprise, Favre says he is retiring, again. I wonder if it will stick this time. And I am SO SICK of hearing about A-ROD and steroids, its getting to the point where I don't really care anymore), then heading downstairs to watch ER and eat Breakfast, while also reading a bit for pleasure (David Sedaris, amusing, but honestly not as funny as I thought he would be).

Now ER is over. Its almost noon and I still do not know what I am going to do with this day. I came up here to make a to-do list but ended up playing an online game for a half hour before getting to it. The to-do list is quite long, but is full of things that just kind of need to be done, that are not that pressing. Still, we will see if I can't get through some of it - take advantage of the thaw and clean up my garden a bit so there is not so much work to do in May, arrange to get my car to the mechanic, write an overdue thank you note, etc. My car has been out of commission for six weeks now, and we have not really missed it. Perhaps a sign we really can do with one car, but since DHs job situation could be changing at anytime, it is no time to eliminate the option of the second car, so eventually I will get it to the mechanic.

Maybe by the time DH gets home I will have this house sparkling. Or maybe I will just be really far along in this tower defense game... I really have no idea. What a strange mood this is.

2 comments:

Allison said...

My God, I agree with your ENTIRE 3rd paragraph. Big surprise about Favre. Tired of this A-Rod bullshit. Sedaris not as funny as I anticipated. Yeah...get out of my head. LOL!

Anonymous said...

You sound like a retiree lol