Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Years Resolutions in Review

After a month, how am I doing on my New Years resolutions? I actually thought to post this because of my friend flaking AGAIN on the gym. Seems to happen 1-2 times per week. I clearly need to not rely on other people to get myself to the gym.

So, how are my resolutions going and is there anything I would like to add?

(1) Menu Planning: D
This is by far the thing I have done the least. I have not even attempted (sat down with pen and paper) to make one menu and shopping list in the last month. I just could not get myself to do it. On the plus side, the main point of menu planning was to eat out less, and we have improved on that front, just not via planning. So perhaps I want to change this resolution to be "eat out even less"

(2) Work Out: C
I have not maintained or increased frequency of my gym visits. I have been going about twice a week, last quarter I went 3-4 days a week. As mentioned in the intro, I have been far too dependent on friends to get me to the gym. I guess I was spoiled quarter when I had a work out buddy who rarely flaked and liked the same cardio machines. Unfortunately our schedules do not match and I am stuck trying to turn a much less reliable colleague into a work out buddy, and its not working. Starting next week, no more excuses. No more counting on work out buddies. I will go to the gym when it suits me, and I will do it on my own if necessary. On the plus side, when I do go to the gym, I have lengthened and instensified the cardio!

(3) Read more for Pleasure: A
I read "The Help" for pleasure in January. This month I am reading something by David Sedaris and The Sun Also Rises.

(4) Stop Chewing my Nails: A+
I have not chewed my nails hardly at all! I have actual long finger nails! Last week I broke a nail and had to call my mom to ask what to do about it, since I have never had a broken nail.

(5) Figure Out what I am Doing with my Life: B
Perhaps this is something that only time will tell, but I feel like certain things become more clear everyday.

Is there any other resolutions I would like to add for February? Nothing comes immediately to mind.... but perhaps

(6) Do a daily chore. Do something to keep the house clean everyday.

Wish me Luck!!

1 comment:

Simi said...

you know your a student/teacher for life.. .when you GRADE your self in your BLOG!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE :) I love it.