Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Hurricane? Again?

Since when is Ohio part of the hurricane zone? The straight line winds last night were INSANE. While it was not technically a result of a Hurricane this time (as it was last September), it felt very similar. I thought (as did every home owner I talked to) that I would wake up this morning to find my roof and siding scattered across the neighborhood, but a quick check this morning revealed no damage.

Little Caesar has become more adventurous, which is great news. He is finally starting to feel at home and safe in our house. He came down stairs for attention for the first time (he definitely is more comfortable upstairs), and also yesterday I managed to walk up the stairs while he was sleeping on them, and he did not run. I know that doesn't sound like much, but considering how flighty he typically is, walking within a foot of where he is laying without him moving is great! Perhaps in another three months he won't run when you reach to pick him up off the stairs.

Not much else going on. In the words of a friend, "its a drifting sort of time". I would try to explain what I mean by that, but I have not quite figured it out. Hopefully I don't get blown away in all my drifting!!

No comments: