Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Do you like my one-day Valentines day theme? Kind of sloppy, but I did not want to invest too much time in it since I am not keeping it up.

I hope everyone has a really good Valentines day. I looked up the history of Friday the 13th yesterday and it was not that exciting. Today (or actually just after midnight...) I am looking up the history of Valentines Day. Who exactly is Valentine? What did he have to do with love? I enjoyed reading this article on the history channel website about it. If you are looking for a more political take on things, check out what the Saudi Arabia is trying in order to not allow the "sinful western Holiday" to be celebrated.

A Valentines Me-Me
Go to google and type in your answer to each of the following questions and find an image. Copy those URLs into the Mosaic Maker and then put the resulting mosaic on your blog. Readers, guess the answers!

What is your favorite love song?
What is your favorite romantic movie?
What are you doing to celebrate valentines day?
What is your favorite thing about valentines day?


A little Valentines Day Poetry (ok, Love Poetry) for your reading pleasure:

The Thing Called Love
I know the thing called Love,
A force so strong,
They say it sweeps you off your feet;
Like a strong gust of wind,
Or the wave of an ocean.

I know the thing called Love,
A feeling so sweet,
They say it melts your heart;
Like crayons in a hot car,
Or chocolate in a child's hand.

I know the thing called Love,
A feeling that pierces so deeply,
They say it is cupids arrow.

They say so many things,
With metaphors abound:
Love is a river,a mountain, a flower;
Love is a scream, a whisper, a song;
Love is light, darkness, a sunrise,
A gentle breeze, a raging storm,
It is sorrow, joy;
It is true happiness...
They say Love is all.
They say Love is rare.
But I know the thing called Love,
And in truth it is indescribable,
Unfathomable, Incomprehensible,
Like a bottomless pit,
Or nothingness.
I know the thing called Love,
And it is Love.

-----------------------------

Love
Only in the most honest hearts,
Can true love build a world apart.

-----------------------------
Us

You.

How you pull those strings,
twist the words,
and end the sentences.

As if Aphrodite herself
longs for your power.

Me.

How it just comes together,
braids into beauty,
and brings the world to an end.

The telios of Isis and Venus.

Us.

How we bend into one another,
swirl in the madness,
and rest in our souls.

We have ended them all.

--------------------------

And what would Valentines day be if I did not send my best wishes to everyone? Chances are if you are reading this blog, I love you (to some appropriate degree) So, I hope you all have a wonderful day and take the time to tell everyone you care about that you love them!! Spread the love!

2 comments:

AlexMaza said...

Hey nice post man! and thanks for adding my video too! you rox!

-AlexMaza

rising esoteric said...

come what may
pride and prejudice
ice skating
love? possibly?