Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cold, Cold in Misery

I think I have come down with the plague. Ok, more likely the flu, but I prefer being melow dramatic. DH started feeling sick on Saturday night, and by Monday was sick enough to stay home from work for a day and a half, so when I started having trouble getting a full breath of air and coughing more than normal yesterday morning I knew I was done for.

I stayed home today in a lame attempt to try and get over it faster, since I could skip today but certainly CANNOT miss tomorrow. I spent most the day in bed, getting up for a short time in the morning to take care of some school business that could not wait, and then making some matzoball soup. I could do with being a child again, having my mom bring me kaluski suppe or matzoball soup, along with a continuous stream of beverages. My mom is really good at taking care of you when you are sick. But instead I am an adult, home alone with a dog who wants attention, having to freeze my toes to get up and make my own soup. *pout*. Yeah. When I am sick I am a big baby. And actually, the dog and cats were really sweet and spent the whole day in bed with me.

The reason the attempt was lame of course is because I don't feel better this evening, not one bit. If anything, I feel worse. DH brought home spicy Chinese food to try and clear my sinuses and I stuck my nose right up in it and still could not smell it. Wow. But, I have to go tomorrow. People are counting on me. I just hope I don't sneeze all over them.

No comments: