Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bad Thursday

I woke up this morning with a migraine, got up and went about my business. Showered, dried off, dressed...

Then I went to do my hair. When I put my arms up to do it, a sharp pain started in my right shoulder and neck. I finished putting my hair up, thinking it was a momentary thing, and the pain kept getting worse. I put my arm down. The pain remained. I put my arm up, the pain was really bad. I may not have the highest pain tolerance, but I AM extremely use to pain - having sore muscles, headaches, etc etc. So when I say this pain was sharper/more intense than other muscle/joint pain I have experienced, it means something. Its like the pain you would get if you had a crick in your neck, only its constant (not just when I move a certain way). Moving certainly does make it worse though.

With my pain-filled shoulder and migraine I headed to school. I gave my lecture. I was even planning to go to the Gym (after all, why do I need my shoulder to bike on a recumbent bike?) Now my Gym partner canceled and I am stuck sitting in my office waiting (Yes, I could go to the gym on my own, but that seems like a lot of effort), being in pain. I am supposed to go to class at 1:30, that seems so far off. I do not know what to do with myself. All I want to do is go home and take advil and lie flat on my back and see if the pain goes away (both in my head and my shoulder). But, I have no easy way to get home.

*sigh* Today sucks.

At least if my Shoulder does not improve I have a Dr's appointment next Wednesday. Yes. I finally scheduled a physical.

1 comment:

Simi said...

I hope you feel better enough by tonight to come to book club!