Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fountain of Doom and Gloom

I am a fountain of doom and gloom this morning. Yesterday morning as well. Yesterday morning I had a depressing, stressful dream. Not much happened in it, but mainly I ran around being stressed, unsatisfied, bored, and feeling trapped for a while. When I woke up I was so happy that it had been a dream, but also little remnants of the dream remained with me. I mean, those feelings have got to come from some where, right?

So that slight tinge to my mood carried on all day. I tried really hard to be productive yesterday. REALLY HARD. I know some people say "there is no try, there is do and don't do". That quote always annoyed me. Of course there is try. But you know that whole motivation thing, the feeling I had that it would be on the upswing now? That things were looking up? Yeah. I was completely wrong. I have no motivation what so ever. The so-called "upswing" lasted for like 2 days, and even though I am trying all my mental tricks and doing my best to focus, the fact remains I have no motivation and so nothing will get done.

Then, this morning, DH ended up staying home sick with a cold. It is good he has these sick days to take, and it sucks that he is sick, but for me the implication was I had to get up 45 minutes early to drive myself to school (i.e. to find parking and walk from said parking to my building instead of being dropped off right by my building). The result is not enough sleep. Combine tinge of frustrating/sadness still lingering from the dream with not enough sleep and you get FOUNTAIN OF DOOM AND GLOOM.

WAY to many of my posts recently have been about bad moods and unhappiness. I need to do something to correct that. The question, as always, is what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After an up one has to go down...lol. I always found that two days after an exciting time...it was the blahs.....oh well. tomorrow may be better.

Thinking of you as our "little snow" falls...