Monday, February 9, 2009

Recap of the Weekend

First, I am now running around 90%. I can breathe, I don't need to carry around a box of Kleenex, I am not on drugs, and I don't think I am fatigued (we will see about that as the day progresses). I still have a cough, its actually become stronger as the cold as dissipated in other ways.

Second, we are back down to three cats and a dog. I finally am getting around to adding a permanent picture of Little Caesar here at the blog.

Third, I did make it to my Grandma's for her Birthday celebration, and it was packed. Uncle Curt, Aunt Karen, Eric and his kids Kiersten and Brandon, Rachel and her daughter Marin and fiance Joe, and Becky. The house was complete chaos. It has been a long time since DH and I have seen any of the kids and they all have grown, but especially of course Marin who is now almost two years old. Last time we saw her she was just learning to stand/walk, and now she is running all over the place and doing a good job at learning to talk. She is an absolute doll, so curious and happy. It was a lot of fun playing with her.

Here she is:
But of course you can't really tell what a bundle of fun she is without a little of video (dancing with Kiersten):



Since I was unwell, Rachel took over the baking of Grandma's Birthday cake and did a tasty job, making an apple cake with some wickedly good lemon icing. Here is the birthday girl!

And, since we still have not managed to de-Christmas grandma's house (note the table cloth...) and actually Grandma is in no hurry to take down her pretty Christmas decorations, Aunt Karen brought supplies to turn the Christmas Tree into a Valentines Day Tree.



And finally, what account of a visit with my family would be complete without a picture of Uncle Curt making a weird face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful note...and the great pictures!!!!!!
It is sooo nice of you to keep me posted...

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like "you done good" both partying and posting. As for Curt, pretty sure that's the only face he's got, weird or not. Also good to know you're health is improving.

Anonymous said...

great pics! love the one of Ceasar! cute!
-lk