Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

Ok. I did not make it. The migraine, the soreness/pain in my shoulder. The potential uselessness of my afternoon class (and therefore of being on campus at all). I called DH and had him bring me home during his lunch hour. It also aided my decision that after a discussion with my Dad we decided I needed a particular type of shoulder rub, and I certainly was not going to find anyone to do it at work.

So, after said shoulder rub, I ate some soup, took some advil, and (carefully) went to sleep for the last three hours, being especially aware of how my neck and shoulder were positioned.

The results? Positive, though not a complete success. Migraine is gone (thank you Advil!), and the shoulder, though still sore, is much less pronounced, less sharp. I can now turn my head right without pain. Maybe if I am careful when I sleep on it tonight I will be able to turn my head left without pain.

I think I made the right decision in coming home!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what type of shoulder rub?! I thought of you earlier this week when a vet I was following around used Bowen Therapy adapted to horses to try and treat a lame friesian. I was like "AKY needs to try that!" Glad whatever it was worked

and sorry to gross you out with my post!

LK